Major Areas of Research
- See research laboratory web-site: http://pc2lab.cec.miamioh.edu
- High performance parallel & distributed computing and Supercomputing.
- Eco-modeling, in silico macro-epidemiology, and bioinformatics.
- Parallel, distributed, web-based constructive and virtual simulation.
- Dynamic multi-scale/multi-resolution modeling & parallel simulations applied to wired and mobile communication
networks, VLSI design, and bio-security.
- Cognitive, web-enabled cyber weapons and associated human factors.
Ongoing Research Investigations
- Conducting research in clustering and de novo assembly of cDNA fragments from next-generation, high throughput sequencing technologies. Findings from the investigations have been incorporated
into a software suite called PEACE (http://www.peace-tools.org/). PEACE includes a versatile Java-GUI to manage and control our assembly & clustering engine developed in C++ to run on supercomputing clusters.
- Investigating multi-disciplinary approach to develop geographically optimized, heterologous vaccines for emergent diseases, such as swine flu. Conceived, designed, and implemented a software system called SEARUMS (http://www.searums.org/), an eco-modeling and bio-simulation system that embodies our methodology.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of cyber weapons to induce changes in cognitive states of adversaries. Architected and developed a distributed software system to serve as a Cognitive Cyber Weapon Selection Tool for DoD-components to aid in cyber defense operations.
- Investigations to enhance a real-time, multi-modal, parallel & distributed simulation environment called OPENEAAGLES (http://www.openeaagles.org) used by multiple directorates in US-Air Force. Our efforts have matured into a comprehensive book for use by software architects and software engineers (ISBN: 1-60797-019-8).
Research Assistants Needed I
am looking for committed and
enterprising graduate and
Universtiy students to
work on research projects.